Easy lunch, dinner or even 'posh' breakfast . Mackerel and brown rice (wholegrain) are both good choices to keep up your Magnesium levels as part of your healthy, balanced diet.
- 1 ½ - cups of Cooked Brown Rice
- 1 tbsp of chopped spring onion
- Handful of spinach
- Cooked mackerel fillet flaked
- 1 hard boiled egg - chopped
- Dash of Soy sauce (or to taste)
- Dash of Olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- Lemon juice
In a heavy based frying pan add the Olive Oil and gently saute the Spring onion, once softened as the spinach and brown rice. Warm through. Add the mackerel, boiled egg and soy sauce and gently stir into the rest of the ingredients. Once warm after 1-2 minutes serve immediately. Season with Pepper, the lemon juice a dash of olive oil and the parsley.
This can be placed in a Kilner jar and taken to work for lunch or stored in the fridge for a couple of days